Salena Godden & Arts Lab Northampton
A night with Alan Moore, Carly Loasby, Amii Dawes and Frederick J. Taylor, led by [the] magnificent compere of Lindsay Spence
This Saturday, March 4th @The Lab, 95-97 Charles St., Northampton UK
In honor of the honorable Salena Godden, along with the venerable & venerated Arts Lab of Northampton, and such sundry that should show, we are sharing another #FreeArtFriday featuring this weekends BYOP! *bring your own poetry
The following details are directly from the Eventbrite listing for the ‘Just About Managing’ show this Saturday, March 4th. The Salena Godden details are directly from the Band Camp listing for her LIVEwire CD and other cool things in concert with Nymphs & Thugs spoken word record label.
*we don’t recommend, but you can scroll directly to the bottom to see what we have for #FreeArtFriday 🙂
“A rough and tumble, veritable BYOP (The ‘P’ stands for Poetry)!
A night where all are welcome to read and contribute, sharing poetry with all and sundry, alongside the Arts Lab and headliner act of Salena Godden! We’ll also be featuring the musical brilliance of Carly Loasby, Amii Dawes and Frederick J. Taylor, led by our magnificent compere of Lindsay Spence, who is fast becoming the Lab’s lucky charm. And if we’re very lucky, a certain bearded Mandrill may make an appearance too… We are a lucky lot.
It will be a mix of media, with musical performances, videos, live readings and whatever else may show up on the night. It’s sure to be an eclectic night of words and wonder and weirdness. Hopefully will have just one (or if we’re very lucky, more) things to announce even closer to the time!
- What can I bring into the event?
- Your own poetry! There’s no set list of those who can and can’t perform, and if you feel you want to read a piece go for it. Just let one of the organizers know on the night and we’ll sort your out with a spot.
- Please note that you will have a maximum of a ten minute slot to perform, so don’t try bringing along your version of the Iliad. However, there is no limit on the number of slots you can perform in, so if you would like to perform a couple poems, take a break and perform some more, that’s fine by us.
- If you bring along a guitar and want to sing a song, that counts too as I guess songs are like poetry with more strumming?
- How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Emporium Purgatorio is offering the first humanoid (or any oid that is down for the cause)
- 2 TICKETS TO THIS SATURDAY’S ‘POETRY JAM’!
- PLUS ANY SINGLE ITEM FROM SALENA GODDEN’S BAND CAMP!
- LIVEwire CD – “A Limited Edition CD, digitally printed onto a cardboard sleeve with vinyl effect on-disc artwork. Sleeve designed by Mark Coverdale. On-disc artwork designed by Gary Lee.”
- ‘My Tits Are More Feminist Than Your Tits’ limited T-Shirts – “Fruit Of The Loom 100% heavy cotton t-shirt, with a slightly slim (but not skinny) fit. One of Salena’s iconic poem titles ‘My Tits Are More Feminist Than Your Tits’, in a minimal design – mimicking the headline font of a certain newspaper.”
- Tote Bag – “Digitally printed canvas tote bag, designed by Mark Coverdale. “
How Free Art Friday Works
- On Friday
- Contact Emporium Purgatorio by leaving a comment here or via Twitter with #FreeArtFriday @EmpPurg
- Provide a valid shipping address
- If it is a digital item, provide a valid e-mail to send the link/details to
- Receive that week’s comic/book/art FREE *meaning, free. no charge for postage. no charge for handling. no charge for anything…free!
- IF YOU FIND THE ART WORTHY OF SHARING (which you will!)
SUPPORT THAT ARTIST/GROUP BY PURCHASING FROM THEM AN ITEM/S THAT YOU CAN THEN PAY FORWARD TO SOMEONE ELSE ON #FREE ART FRIDAY!
- Continue and repeat! 🙂
- First request receives the Art!
- (seriously…that’s it. no catches. so signups. no mailing list. just Art. Free.)