If you haven’t been following this extraordinarily well written site, well, much like the comics it is speaking on, you can always go back and start at the beginning…
Alan Moore Links
A Happy Mandrill
All systems are a go, go, go! Emporium Purgatorio, via our *Unofficial Alan Moore site, is actively seeking/promoting Indie Comics, Indie Artists, and those that may have something to SAY through their art about our current climate of…well, of needing a ‘Mandrillifesto‘.
All characters are real. No names will be changed to protect anyone. Oh, and when I took 20 things and added another 3 from a friend, well wouldn’t you know! Magical!
Please, VOICES ARE NEEDED! Jump in on our comments, Artist’s Job Board, send an article or a revue. Make a comic. Sell your work here with no strings attached. Write a poem. Tell us to fuck off. *to be honest, this last one wouldn’t feel very good, but we support your right to give us the bird. we’re fans of aviary anyways.
To respectfully quote some of our favorite people… Watch This Space…
Featured image, ‘Key Keeper’ by James Ng (pronounced ‘ing’)
Alan Moore’s First Comic Con In 22 Years
Alan Moore attended his first Comic Convention in 22 years at the N.I.C.E. Comic Con in 2012. Here he gives a one hour talk, ostensibly on writing, but recounted through his path and life. Moore says that his support and debt to the public library system is his main reason for attending a ‘comic convention’.
- Published: Northampton, England
- Publisher: Northampton Arts Lab
- Date: July, 1970 – November, 1971
- Print Run: N/A
- Writer: Alan Moore, Various
- Artist: Alan Moore, Various
- Cover: N/A
- Pencils: Alan Moore, Various
- Inks: Alan Moore, Various
- Color: N/A
- Editor: Alan Moore
- Highest Price: N/A
Alan Moore Daily Quick Links & News
Free Art Friday #2!
Alan Moore’s Electricomics #0 & Freedonia Funny Works Limited Cards
What is #FreeArtFriday?
Free Art Friday is ART. This is given away FREE. On FRIDAYS.
How Free Art Friday Works
- On Friday
- Contact Emporium Purgatorio by leaving a comment, through the Contact page, or via Twitter with #FreeArtFriday.
- Provide a valid shipping address.
- Receive that week’s comic/book/art FREE *meaning, free. no charge for postage. no charge for handling. no charge for anything…free!
- IF YOU FIND THE ART WORTHY OF SHARING (which you will!)
SUPPORT THAT ARTIST/GROUP BY PURCHASING FROM THEM AN ITEM/S THAT YOU CAN THEN PAY FORWARD TO SOMEONE ELSE ON #FREE ART FRIDAY!
- Continue and repeat! 🙂
- First request receives the Art!
- (seriously…that’s it. no catches. so signups. no mailing list. just Art. Free.)
Sounds Magazine ~ Christmas on Depravity
- Publisher: Starlight Publications
- Date: December 26, 1981
- Print Run: N/A
- Cover Price: N/A
- Last Price: N/A
- Writer: Alan Moore
- Artist: Alan Moore
- Cover: N/A
- Pencils: Alan Moore
- Inks: Alan Moore
- Color: Alan Moore, Pedro Henry (Steve Moore) pg. 21-22
- Editor: N/A